“I want to believe there is a somebody out there for me. I want to believe that I exist to be there for that somebody.”
Publisher: Knopf Books
“I’ve left some clues for you.
If you want them, turn the page.
If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.”
So begins the latest whirlwind romance from the bestselling authors ofNick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favorite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? Or are Dash and Lily only destined to trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? Or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?
The snow is falling outside our hotel-room.
The TV is showing the Idol finale (on mute ofc ugh...)
And in my hands I'm holding this beautiful book. 'Dash and Lily's Book of Dares'
I absolutely loved this because of five reasons.
1. The Christmas feeling this book gives. If you are like me and LOVE this time of the year aka CHRISTMAS TIME you'll love this book. Im serious. Love.
2. Dash and Lily are so smart, I'm talking The fault in our stars smart, and that's saying something.
3. The red notebook. I really don't have to say more.
4. The writing style. This book is written by David Levithan AND Rachel Cohn and as a reader I can really see that the collaboration went well, the writing style doesn't change the way it can went it's duo authors, everything is very smooth.
5. They are both book nerds. I don't know about you, but when I read about characters who loves books just as much as me I get ecstatic because I can really RELATE to that love.
6. The book is H I L A R I O U S. I laughed so much while eading this book, didn't matter that I was sitting on a bus with people around me, I just couldn't stop laughing. I bow down to the authors. Well done!