2013-10-31

TAG: Never Be Ashamed of Who You Are

I haven't done a tag in a very long time, simply because I haven't had something important to talk about. I would never write a TAG to gain more followers or more respect or some crap like that. Every word I write in these posts comes from a deep place.

I started my blog-Instagram 6 months ago and I have connected with a bunch of people over Instagram. Some that I just exchange 1 or 2 comments with and others that I talk with on a daily basic.

Coming in contact with other bookworms felt so surreal in the beginning. I've always felt alone when it comes to my passion of reading, some people would tell me to get a life while others would just assume that I was boring because of that. I didn't have anyone to talk to about books really, so I would talk with anyone who paid me attention lol.

So Instagram helped me a lot to get all my FEELS out, and the other bookworms are super funny.

But over these six months I've also come across some very sad things too.
People being bullied because of their love for books and for being 'nerdy'.

I read about this every damn day on Instagram.

And some even committed suicide.

Beautiful, hilarious and so very nice people.

It makes me so mad.
No one makes fun of that kid who plays football day in and day out, or that kid who plays video games 10 hours a day.

Because being a jock or a gamer is socially acceptable, but being a bookworm? Oh no how lame.

People got to STOP  making fun of other people because of their passion.
Books have saved me so many times, over and over again. Books gives me hope when it comes to love. Books give me hope that I will too one day have my happy ending. Have something to fight for.
Books complete me.

And when someone talks bad about my anchor? When someone say that i'm "too obsessed" with books and should get a life? Yeah it makes me both pissed and sad.

Because they don't understand what books do to me and never will.

But you wan't to know something?
I'm not ashamed of my love for books. I will never excuse myself for loving books, never deny my love, because that would be like denying a part of me.

I was bullied for 7 years. People would call me names and push me and stuff like that, simply because I was different.

But I never changed. I tried to be like 'them' once and failed so miserably, I never tried to be anyone else than me after that.

But you should not have to fight it alone. Talk with someone. It will make it easier.

When I started 10th grade which is when we start High school in Sweden things changed. Those were all new people and I could start of with a new slate. And people loved me at my new school. They really did. They saw me for the happy person I truly was, and they liked me for who I was.

And someday you will too feel the love I feel everyday from my classmates and family too.

Never change. Never be ashamed of who you are, because trust me, you are perfect as you are. And some day someone will tell you that. But until then you gotta be strong. Never EVER feel like something is wrong with you because it is not. You might not find someone who loves book or whatever it is that you are passionate about, but you will find people who will accept you for the person you are.

And I will always accept you for who you are.

No matter what you go trough always stand tall and smile. It will break your enemies and warm the others. But most importantly. It will give you strength. 

Think positive and good things will happen. 



feel free to follow Teenbookalover on IG
@teenbookalover

~stay strong, stay chic
xoxo Lihini








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.

    ReplyDelete