2013-09-02

Bullying Under Attack: True Stories Written by Teen Victims, Bullies & Bystanders REVIEW

Bullying Under Attack: True Stories Written by Teen Victims, Bullies & BystandersEdited by: 


WORDS ARE POWERFUL- they can inflict damage and they can heal. In this anthology of first-person accounts written by teenagers for both their peers and adults, words transform pain into hope and the possibility for change. 
"Bullying" "Under Attack "is an eye-opening anthology of all three players in the bullying cycle. These conversational essays on life as the bullied, the bully, and the bystander provide insight and inspiration for change. Rather than offer a cumbersome psychological breakdown, this graceful and hard-hitting book places the reader firmly in the shoes of all involved. 


A YA book about bullying written by Young Adults who have been bullied/ are a bully / simply watching - a bystander. 
This is their stories. 
hear them Roar. 

Reading these kids stories made me cry. For all of them. even the bully and the bystanders. 
Before I continue I would like to thank Teen Ink for taking there time to do this. For travelling across America to get these stories. 

These stories blew my mind. I admire these kids for sharing there stories. I admire their strenght, and more than anything I look up to them, because after all they have been through, they still have HOPE. And I think that's why these stories are being shared - to let others know that you are not alone.

Being bullied myself in middle school made this read harder. All my old memories resurfaced and I couldn't hold the feelings for myself inside any longer either. A lot of teens in this book like me experienced that the school turned a deaf ear. If they ignored it it might go away. Well think again, It won't. Ignorance have taken so many lives, and I refuse to sit back while it takes another. 

I'f you are going through a hard time, talk to someone. anyone. email me, I'll always answer. Always be there for one another, and be kind. That goes for bullies and bystanders too. There is so much love in this world, we just gotta know where to look. 

Teen ink have a website that I think all of you should visit, you can read stories, poems and look at pictures submitted by teens.
 teenink.com
this goes to every single one of you. Yes YOU. 












~stay smart, stay chic
xoxo Lihini

No comments:

Post a Comment