2013-07-09

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) REVIEW +

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
HEY LOOK, SIMONE ELKELES LIKED THE BOOK

By Katie McGarry


Hardcover462 pages
Published May 28th 2013 by Harlequin Teen


Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."

"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....

"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....

judging from my review on Pushing the Limit #1 I thought things went a bit too fast. And I have to applaud Katie for not going down that road again in the same speed. What I mean by that is that I still thought some things wen't a bit too fast, in the beginning Beth seemed to really hate Ryan but then it seemed like a button had been switched off, because at the next moment she was falling for him. Not the way John Green explained love "slowly and then all at once" but more like "dead end, and then you just jumped and fell" 

Beth Is a very self caring young woman, she have had to grow up to be an adult in a teenage body fast because of her mother, and this sets her off from other girls in her age. She have been throe more which makes her more reserved, and then Ryan comes in, a guy who sees everything like a challenge. and Beth must be his hardest challenge. What starts off as a game fast escalates to something more that that, and I think it was something very beautiful to read, how they both kind of seek'd on another for comfort and to kind of just learn. I liked that Ryan was not a typical YA bad boy, he was just a normal boy trying to figure this troubled girl out. 

This book was so much better than the first one in the series, these characters were more vulnerable in a real way, it didn't feel as plastered.  

No comments:

Post a Comment