2014-02-07

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) REVIEW

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)By Michelle Hodkin
Pages: 527
Publisher: Simon and Schuster UK
Review of the first book: click HERE

Mara Dyer knows she isn't crazy. She knows that she can kill with her mind, and that Noah can heal with his. Mara also knows that somehow, Jude is not a hallucination. He is alive. Unfortunately, convincing her family and doctors that she's not unstable and doesn't need to be hospitalised isn't easy. The only person who actually believes her is Noah. But being with Noah is dangerous and Mara is in constant fear that she might hurt him. She needs to learn how to control her power, and fast! Together, Mara and Noah must try and figure out exactly how Jude survived when the asylum collapsed, and how he knows so much about her strange ability...before anyone else ends up dead!

FINALLY, I FINALLY GOT MY HANDS ON THIS BOOK!

I read the first book over one year ago, and I'm glad that I choose to continue with the series.
I forgot how addicting Michelle Hodkin's writing can be. I remember thinking that the first book reminded me of Twilight, but I honestly don't know what I was thinking then. 

Noah Shaw. Yet another fictional crush of mine. Hodkin's wrote about mental ilness in a very true way, and every page build p beautifully to the climax. No plot holes as far as I'm concerned, and the story kept a nice pace. 

BUT. Be prepared for a lot of unanswered questions that I think will be answered in the third installment. I'm curios to know what will happen, but i'm darn sure that ending was a bluff. It has to be.

xoxo Lihini


No comments:

Post a Comment