2014-01-02

Most memorable books of 2013


Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)Book that made me smile, laugh, 
cry, die, reborn and die again
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

I don't know what more to say, the title pretty
 much explains it all I think, best book I've ever read,
 hands down.







Legend (Legend, #1)Best dystopian book

Legend by Marie Lu

I really did not expect much from this book, but I absolutely loved it! 
The movie is in production and I'm actually pretty positive about!
This book showed me that there is still hope out there for the dystopian
genre.






Delirium (Delirium, #1)Book I thought I thought I would love 
but did not
Delirium by Lauren Oliver

I didn't hate it, but I just did not like it, I'm not a fan of instant love which there 
was in this book and the whole concept of this story did not make the cut in 
my opinion. It was weak.





The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)Book with the most unexpected plot twist
The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

This book started of kind of slow but when I came to the middle of the book I 
could not put it down and that plot was sooooo unexpected! The book took a 
big turn that I did not foresee






The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1)Best romance book
The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher

This is not your typical love story. This one is so raw and full of emotions that 
it HURTS. 
Excerpt from my review
"I am speechless.
My insides turned into something mushy, my heart ache, and my existence stopped making 
sense. Time slowed down. Why I asked myself. Why can't I just rotten, vanish, disappear? 
Why am I forced to live when all I wan't to do is die?

I realized what I was feeling.
There was a name for this.
I was heart broken"



Allegiant (Divergent, #3)This years most disappointing book
Allegiant by Veronica Roth

All that death was uneccesary, she did not master the duo POV thing and 
everything was just average. Not impressed. 








Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1)Best fantasy book
Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

This was also one of those books that I didn't even think I would enjoy, but since it was an arc I kind of 
had to read it, and I'm glad I had to because this book is truly hilarious! I love it to bits, it's so funny
and the story is truly magnificent. If you need a feel good book this is the book, like I said before, I 
loved it <3




Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)Favorite contemporary book
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

The reason why I love this book so much is because of the characters. Lola is so 
much like me only 
better, everything I do she does better etc. she is such a unique girl and doesn't care
 what anyone 
really thinks of her outer appearance, and I love it! The whole plot is just sunny 
California, it's a sweet
and easy book but it will still leave a mark on you.



xoxo Lihini

No comments:

Post a Comment