2013-11-12

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss #2) REVIEW

Fanart from Google

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)By Stephanie Perkins
Pages: 338
Publisher: Dutton Books

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit--more sparkly, more fun, more wild--the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket--a gifted inventor--steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


This book took me with storm!
I didn't think I would like it as much as I did, didn't like Anna and the French Kiss THAAAT much but this one was seriously adorkable. 

Lola actually inspired me to buy my own wig, I'm actually looking for a pink bob hehe :)

I've never met a more interesting character than Lola to be honest. She is so different and I love it! All the characters are exciting and fun to get to know, and they stand out in their own way. I think creating interesting characters is one of the hardest things to do and Stephanie did well in that department. 

The story itself wasn't WOOOW, nothing really huge happened, but I was more than okay with that, because this book is more about the characters than anything else. 


9/10 books

~stay smart, STAY CHIC
xoxo Lihini 




No comments:

Post a Comment