2013-10-09

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1) REVIEW

The day you have all been waiting for is finally here. I've been bullied to no ends by my friends because of this. I've been laughed at and people have said " and you call yourself a book-blogger? HAHAHAHA"

All because I hadn't read Harry Potter.
All because of THAT Potter.
Well cry no more readers because I finished HP yesterday and here is my review.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)By J.K. Rowling
Pages: 310
Publisher: Scholastic Press

Harry Potter has never played a sport while flying on a broomstick. He's never worn a Cloak of Invisibility, befriended a giant, or helped hatch a dragon. All Harry knows is a miserable life with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable son, Dudley. Harry's room is a tiny cupboard under the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in ten years.

But all that is about to change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an invitation to a wonderful place he never dreamed existed. There he finds not only friends, aerial sports, and magic around every corner, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him... if Harry can survive the encounter.

3/5

I don't really know what to say about this book, what is there left to say really? 
I knew reading this book would be much like Percy Jackson but in it's own way, I knew I wouldn't hate the book and I did not, I enjoyed it quite a lot actually. There was so much adventure, and I was amazed by the friendship the kids at Hogwarts had, and how loyal they were to their friends. 
My favorite character's much be Hermione and Neville. They were both loyal to their friends and they were both very brave characters in their own way. 
I am truly sad over the fact that I didn't read this book sooner, and by sooner I mean around the age of 13 because the book was more or less EXACTLY like the movie, and I think I would have liked it in a different way If I read it at a younger age.

I will definitely be reading the other books in the series, because I've that they are supposed to be better.

 ~stay smart, stay chic
xoxo Lihini


No comments:

Post a Comment