2013-10-06

Book Releases of the Month: October

When I checked what books that are coming out I was like WOAH hold your horses, is this for real?
Am I in heaven? Cuz GUUUURL, this months new releases are E P I C, and I have been longing for a few of them to come out for over a YEAR. I hope I will be able to get most of the books, my sisters birthday is coming up this month and I seriously considered putting the money I was going to put on her present on new books instead.


Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Allegiant (Divergent #3)
By Veronica Roth
Pages: 544
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Publication-day: October 22nd 2013


What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?


The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.
But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must...Click here for full synopsis

This is the last book in the trilogy and I can't even begin to tell you how sad I am that this will all be over soon! When I first join the Divergent fandom I just liked this book, but now I've learned to love it! at

least we have the Divergent movie to look forward to but still, I WANT BOOKS... 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
the House of Hades (the Heroes of Olympus #4)

By Rick Riordan

Pages: 594 (holy moly, Is Rick trying to set a personal record or something?)
Publisher: Hyperion Books
Publication-day: October 8th 2013



At the conclusion of The Mark of Athena, Annabeth and Percy tumble into a pit leading straight to the Underworld. The other five demigods have to put aside their grief and follow Percy’s instructions to find the mortal side of the Doors of Death. If they can fight their way through the Gaea’s forces, and Percy and Annabeth can survive the House of Hades, then the Seven will be able to seal the Doors both sides and prevent the giants from raising Gaea. But, Leo wonders, if the Doors are sealed, how will Percy and Annabeth be able to escape?

They have no choice. If the demigods don’t succeed, Gaea’s armies will never die. They have no time. In about a month, the Romans will march on Camp Half-Blood. The stakes are higher than ever in this adventure that dives into the depths of Tartarus.


TWO DAYS PEOPLE TWO DAYS!
I'm a HUGE Rick Riordan fan, Percy Jackson was one of the first fandoms that I joined (Twilight was the first) and that was five years ago. I love is books just as much as I did when I was 12 like I do now, If not more. ~AND LOOK AT THAT COVER OF PERCABETH!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5)Trust in Me (Wait for You #1.5)
By J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout)
Pages: could not find
Publisher: William Morrow Impulse
Publication-day: October 22nd 2013


It’s Wait for You as you've never seen it. Trust in Me lets you in on Cam’s side of the story.
Cameron Hamilton is used to getting what he wants, especially when it comes to women. But when Avery Morgansten comes crashing into his life – literally – he finally meets the one person who can resist his soulful baby blues. But Cam’s not ready to give up. He can’t get the feisty and intriguing girl out of his head.

Avery has secrets, secrets that keep her from admitting the feelings Cam knows she has for him. Will persistence (and some delicious homemade cookies) help him break down her barriers and gain her trust? Or will he be shut out of Avery's life, losing his first real shot at the kind of love that lasts forever?


I usually don't read books that follows the same story but from another persons POV, I can read small chapters but I've never done a book so this will be my first time. I doubt this will be anything but good because It's miss JLA we are talking about here... Is it just me or does she seem to come out with a new book every month? Well, I'm not complaining.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Wild Cards (Wild Cards, #1)Wild Cards (Wild Cards #1)
By Simone Elkeles (AAAAAAAGH!!!)
Pages: 342
Publisher: Walker Books
Publication-day: October 1th 2013 (which means it's already out!)


After getting kicked out of boarding school, bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek’s counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else’s family drama.

Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain--people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship, until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires trusting Derek—someone she barely knows, someone born to break the rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?


AND SHE IS BACK WITH A NEW BOOK! 
If you've followed my blog since the beginning you know that I'm a HUGE fan of Simone, She contacted me a week ago because my friend Linnea told her about my tumor and Simone wrote a super sweet message to me on Facebook, and she also told me that she would send her new book Wild Cards to me! I can't WAIT until the book gets here, I know it will be good no doubt, I'm not saying this to put pressure on her or something haha, but because I know she is good. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Shadowhunters' Codexthe Shadowhunters' Codex
By Cassandra Clare
Pages: 304
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication-day: October 29th 2013


The Clave is pleased to announce the newest edition of the Nephilim’s oldest and most famous training manual: the Shadowhunter’s Codex. Since the thirteenth century, the Codex has been the young Shadowhunter’s best friend. When you’re being swarmed by demons it can be easy to forget the finer points of obscure demon languages or the fastest way to stop an attack of Raum demons. With the Codex by your side, you never have to worry. 

Now in its twenty-seventh edition, the Codex covers it all: the history and the laws of our world; how to identify, interact with, and if necessary, kill that world’s many colorful denizens; which end of the stele is the end you write with. No more will your attempt to fight off rogue vampires and warlocks be slowed by the need to answer endless questions from your new recruits: What is a Pyxis? Why don’t we use guns? If I can’t see a warlock’s mark, is there a polite way to ask him where it is? for full synopsis click here


Okay don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Shadowhunter world to pieces and  I love Clare's way of writing but seriously? another? I will read anything that she writes, but I would really like to see if she can write about other stuff, that does not have to do with shadowhunters. I know she is a great author and I don't think you should waste all your talent on one world when you can create a dozen more...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



And while I was... looking trough the new releases of the month I saw that (House of Night #11) is also coming out... That name does ring a bell.. and then it hit me. It's THAT series! THAT SERIES IS STILL RUNNING? I LOVED HoN in the beginning, Or at least I loved the first 3 books, But the 6th and 7th one? Just no. I could deal with the crappy love triangle. I could deal with Zoey turning into a crap ass main character, heck, I even stood out with this series when she turned into a cheating bitch BECAUSE I THOUGH IT WAS GOING TO GET BETTER AND I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN AFTER THE BIG FIGHT and guess what? The big fight happened and they just kept carrying on the story. Like the heck? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I lost my little hope that I had left and stopped reading this series.

stay smart, stay chic
xoxo Lihini




No comments:

Post a Comment