2013-10-29

3. A book that I think is highly overrated.

Every time I mention this book to people they get this expression in their face that tells me they want to slap me across the face, fortunately they pretty good at controlling that instinct.

And the book I'm talking about is
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

Pride and Prejudice

I read this book I think two years ago and I was quite excited about it. This was my first book in the 'classic' genre.

I didn't hate the book, not exactly, I liked some parts more than other, but overall I found the book very... boring. There was no real drama to grasp on, all they did was attend to parties.

And can we just take a second to discuss Mr. Darcy? (Yes, only a second, because he doesn't deserve more of my time)

WHY WOULD ANYONE EVEN LOOK TWICE AT THAT DOUCHE BAG?!
Yes he have money, but I would've expected more from Elizabeth.

I also had a hard time remembering all the sisters, some sisters just didn't stand out to me, and that makes  me question the writing, an author should be able to cast a personal light on every single character they create, if they cant to that then they should stick with only having a few characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment