2013-08-14

New Adult - the new hype?

New Adult, a genre directed to readers between the age of 18 - 25, because they are the new adults. 
New Adult is the genre between Young Adult and Adult.

What is really the difference between YA, NA and A?

I would say that NA and A are almost identical, or in fact, books labeled NA are almost always also labeled either A or YA. 

NA is a more grown up, that meaning that the characters are often more experienced in life that what YA characters are, and NA is a bit more heated than Young Adult.

I like NA books very much. I hate the label NA though. 
I don't GET the genre, YA readers are not kids (well, it's not supposed to be read by teens) and even if kids read YA books they are obviously mature enough. 

I like NA because there is no hiding around the bushes with NA. Everything is straight forward. I would have wished that there would be more Divergent/fallen angels/hungergames/vampire academy books written in a NA way. Meaning a more mature way. 

I've seen books exploding into the NA world, and it's most YA authors widening their boundaries which I think is great. 

If you are new to the whole NA thing (trust me, it's not that different from YA) you should start with the books down below
EasyWait for You (Wait for You, #1)

I am going to check out these books that I found in the NA category

The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1)Frigid (Frigid, #1)

~stay smart, stay chic
xoxo Lihini


No comments:

Post a Comment