2013-07-01

My Life Next Door REVIEW +

My Life Next DoorThe Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, messy, affectionate. And every day from her rooftop perch, Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs up next to her and changes everything.
As the two fall fiercely for each other, stumbling through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first love, Jase's family embraces Samantha - even as she keeps him a secret from her own. Then something unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?
By Huntley Fitzpatrick
Hardcover394 pages
Published June 14th 2012 by Dial Books For Young Readers
Rating 2,5/5
I have no idea what to say about this book. It wasn’t great nor was it bad. It was OK.
There wasn’t anything in particular that I loved, but I did have a few things that I didn’t like. You see the Garrets had a big family, and every single family member played a part in the book, but the author described them very very bad. She made them all look like identical twins in my head, she would say things like “George looked like Jase except that George’s hair was a bit darker.” Etc. I just think that is a very amateur way to describe a character, authors should know how to describe a character properly, If you don’t know how to manage making every character stand out then don’t bother, make few characters.

I liked the story overall, it was a sweet story, the book was light until the last fifty pages, the plot twist was unexpected, and made the story a lot more enjoyable.

 ~stay smart, stay chic
xoxo Lihini

No comments:

Post a Comment