2013-06-04

Delirium (Delirium #1) REVIEW +

Delirium (Delirium, #1)
They say that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever
And I've always believed them.
Until now.
Now everything has changed.
Now, I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.
Lena looks forward to receiving the government-mandated cure that prevents the delirium of love and leads to a safe, predictable, and happy life, until ninety-five days before her eighteenth birthday and her treatment, when she falls in love


A world parallel to our own, yet so different... 

Character analyze
Meet Lena, a girl who just wan't to get rid of Deleria from her body, all she want's to be is cured until she meets Alex. after 2 meetings with him she is sold to him. 
I understand her, don't get me wrong, Alex seems like a cool dude, but Lena was like those PETA activist you see in town - strong and would never budge. She was against love more than anything else and then she falls for it anyway, and quit easy I may add. I don't get it. Why make up a character like Lena, build her up that way and then make her fall in love after seeing a guy for a maximum of four hours? 
Other than that I liked her. She lives in a world where something is either black or white, nothing can ever be subtlety. But meeting Alex changes everything. she starts to question. And every questions demands an answer.

My favorite character from the book is Gracie. Never in my life have I heard of such a stubborn little girl, and yet she becomes the hero at the end. She tells a very important story that isn't written on the pages, more like between the lines. She never spoke, and people thought she was stupid because of that, but in my eyes she was a symbol. you don't always have to scream to fight against.

Book analyze
This is a book about loss, betrayal and control, being brain washed and being lied to. It's about fighting back and holding grudge. It's about overcoming fear and not being afraid to fight back. It's basically a book about not taking shit from anyone. that makes this book real badass. 

this book is like a cross between Divergent and the Hunger Games, the book was no doubt a page turner, but I wouldn't call this book artwork directly. The only character I thought was well painted was Gracie, and Lena's best friend Hana. there was just something very stereotype about Lena, and I never really got a real connection with Alex

however I am going to read Delirium #2 because I really wan't to know what happened, that end was a real cliff hanger, and the story began to take a very intresting twist, away from the whole love thing

I give this book a strong 3/5 
would I recommend this? for people who are searching for a light dystopia, yes. 
 



















~stay smart, stay chic
xoxo Lihini

No comments:

Post a Comment