2013-05-08

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)


Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)By Cassandra Clare
Hardcover568 pages
Published March 19th 2013 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy. 

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.

My facial muscles are sore after all crying, I’m not even sure I will be able to write a proper review. I have tried to write a review now 3 times but I just start crying every time.

I have begun this sentence to many times, and erased it just as many times. For once I am truly utterly, shockingly speechless. I don’t know what to write, because every English, Swedish, Spanish word I know will never be able to describe what I am thinking about this book, because this is a book that cannot be described, only felt.

I don’t know where I should begin, I am feeling so many emotions right now, I didn’t even know I could feel this many emotion’s all at once. I have never cried this hard during a book either, I cried myself to sleep yesterday. This book will dance on people’s emotions, know where to press.

This book, as you might know by now, takes place in the 1800, a time I’m pretty sure Cassandra Clare have never lived in, but yet somehow, against all odds she managed to describe it all so well. Every room, every character, every spoken word, every scenery was a masterpiece, Clare have this way of describing things that not many authors have, she uses the perfect words to describe things, no scene is the other alike, no room, no character is the other alike. Everything is special, everything is unique.

There is a love-triangle, Jem-Tessa-Will. I hate love triangles, but this was no ordinary love triangle, the love they felt for each-other were heartwarming, and yet so heart breaking. In every love triangle you ask yourself, who will she/he choose? But not in this one, because I loved each character equally much, they all deserved to be happy. I never questioned her ability to love to people at once, because I understand her. How can you not love someone who shows you such a great amount of love back?


I began to understand Will more and more, and in the end my heart was arching for him. No one thinks about it, but he has gone throe so much. A heart can only be broken so many times before it starts to build walls around itself.

It’s no secret that Jem is dying. And fast. I have loved Jem since day one, never have I “met” a kinder, loving, sweet person. He has every reason to hate life, and yet he does not. He endure it, he see the world for all the good things it has to offer him. Like Tessa.

Every character touched my heart, Tessa, Jem, Will, Sophie, Gideon, Bridget, Cicy, Gabriel, Magnus, Church, Henry, and lastly but not not least, Charlotte. Charlotte is probably a character I will look up to for a long long time. She lived in a difficult era where women didn’t have so much power. Men didn’t believe in women either. But she was so strong, she never bent down, she did what she always taught was right, she didn’t let some men hold her back. She had an admirably confidence that a lot of people lack and that is why I look up to her. Because no matter the odds she always fought back.

There wasn’t really a special part where I cried, I cried from the beginning to the end, because this book is packed with events, I’m not kidding when I say that Clare wrote a whole life story on 600 pages, and she didn’t forget a thing. It’s like I have lived a whole lifetime in 3 days. That’s the magical thing with books.

The epilogue was so incredible. I cried and laughed, and smiled, and OOOOOOOOOOH IT WAS JUST AMAZING OK!?!?!?!? It was perfect. Simply perfect.

This in no ordinary book, this is a book I will always remember, I will never forget Jem, Tessa or Will. ever.

One day I wish to find someone I would die for. Someone who will make me a better person, someone who will show me what life is about when I don’t see it myself. Someday I want to find that one person who will be more than a sibling to me; we will have a bond that is “greater than blood”. Like Jem and Will had. Someday I will find my parabatai.

-          “there is more to life than not dying
-          “Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.” 
-          Endure what is unbearable, and you bear it. That is all.” 
-          “Men may be stronger, but it is women who endure.” 
-          “Do you even care where I’m going?” he said. “What if I were going to hell?”
“I’ve always wanted to see hell,” Cecily said. “Doesn’t everyone?

well deserved 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment