2013-04-08

How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation (How to Ruin #3) REVIEW

find the goodreads review of the first book HERE


How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation (How to Ruin, #3)
while that might have been the Avi I pictured in my head
the girl on the pic looked nothing like Amy in my head.
where r the big boobs?!
By Simone Elkeles

Paperback257 pages
Published November 8th 2009 by Flux 


Amy Nelson-Barak, 17, is back in this third installment about a Jewish-American teen learning how to live and love in peace. She signs up for 10 days of training with the Israel Defense Force as soon as she finds out that her long-distance boyfriend, Avi, will be on base as well. But things turn out to be different from what she'd hoped for. She sleeps in a bunk bed underneath coils that look ready to give way, she's being worked to the bone, and the bathrooms are hardly up to her standards. Worst of all, Avi doesn't seem remotely thrilled that she's there. Is something going on between him and a fellow soldier? Strong, beautiful, and able to be with Avi all the time, Liron is everything Amy wants to be

i could tell this book was really personal to Simone Elkeles, the way Judaism was described, and how into it Amy was. 
I think they rushed the whole Israel/Judaism on her, and when she talked/thought about those stuff it was like i saw a different person in front of me. I thought. Amy was a strong woman, who would never accept the divide between men and women, that she would question everything and she did, except when it came to her religious beliefs. 

 I liked that she grew as a person during the book, and when you compare to the Amy in book one and book three you see that Israel has helped her understand who she was.

the country is in a warzone, and I don't know, but shouldn't that have been more clear?

I liked this book overall, it was a light book, nice writing, as usual when it comes to Elkeles, but maybe YA chic lit's aren't my type.. 

I give this one a 3/5
~ stay smart, stay chic
xoxo Lihini

No comments:

Post a Comment