2013-03-26

REVIEW: The Future of Us


The Future of Us
By Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
It's 1996, and Josh and Emma have been neighbors their whole lives. They've been best friends almost as long - at least, up until last November, when Josh did something that changed everything. Things have been weird between them ever since, but when Josh's family gets a free AOL CD in the mail, his mom makes him bring it over so that Emma can install it on her new computer. When they sign on, they're automatically logged onto their Facebook pages. But Facebook hasn't been invented yet. And they're looking at themselves fifteen years in the future.

By refreshing their pages, they learn that making different decisions now will affect the outcome of their lives later. And as they grapple with the ups and downs of what their futures hold, they're forced to confront what they're doing right - and wrong - in the present.

FACEBOOK THE YEAR I WAS BORN, OMG!

This was one of those books you didn't like, nor dislike, but you kept reading it because, why not? 
Emma annoyed the crap out of me more and more, she was so ignorant!
Josh was ok, I felt like I didn’t get to know him that much..

The story overall was good, it was interesting in a very weird way, it was quite different from other books, because of the whole Facebook aspect. I got to know how kids lived on “my year” it was exciting, because to be honest, It felt a bit like the 70’tis with all the walkman stuff, and the way the girls talked, like they were some underdogs who couldn’t even lift a milk pack, my god.

I do not think these authors should write anything together again. I haven’t read anything by Mackler yet, I will someday thou. I felt that Jay’s writing sparkle wasn’t in it; could it have been Mackler holding him back?

But to be honest, I don’t regret reading this book, it wasn’t a deep book, and it wasn’t supposed to be one either, I will take what I get, and what I got was good enough.     

~ stay smart, stay chic
xoxo Lihini

No comments:

Post a Comment