2012-10-30

Quotes a'la Linnea


Song of the day  Citizen Cope- Son's Gonna Rise
  “If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.” 
 - Malcom X

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” 
“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”                                                                            
- Albert Einstein

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 
"What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” 
- C.S Lewis

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.” 
- Mahatma Gandhi

“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.” 
“My words fly up, my thoughts remain below: 
Words without thoughts never to heaven go.” 
“Love me or hate me, both are in my favor…If you love me, 
I'll always be in your heart…If you hate me, 
I'll always be in your mind.”                                                                 -William Shakespeare

“The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.” 
- Mark Twain

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, 
which is why we call it the present.” 

- Bil Keane

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” 
- André Gide

 “Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” 
- Marcus Aurelius

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book”
- Groucho Marx

“Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian
 must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.” 
- Garrison Keillor



No comments:

Post a Comment